Entertaining kids at home can be quite a difficult task over a long period of time… turn your home into a fun-house with something for every type of kid!
We’ve put together a list of ideas categorised into the messy stuff, the hours of fun stuff, and the educational stuff!
The Messy Stuff
- Make a kitchen ‘band’ by using plastic bowls / pans and wooden spoons as a drum set
- Make their own meals (or help) like pizza faces, fajitas, nachos…
- Baking Soda and Vinegar volcano making
- Homemade slime making (using Cornstarch, water and food colouring)
- Fireworks In a glass (drops of food colouring in clear warm water with a few drops of oil in)
- Home made fresh fruit ice-lollies
The Hours of Fun Stuff
- Build a den for playing / movies
- Make a fun family quiz
- Scavenger hunt / Treasure hunt
- A fake talent show (This will have them practising for hours to then perform in the evening).
- Card games – simple but hours of fun
- Old school board games
- Colouring sheets
- Crafting with things you would usually throw out – check out Pintrest for lots of craft ideas
- The floor is lava
- Indoor hopscotch
- Hide and seek (all rooms)
The Educational Stuff
- Learn British Sign Language (Pay what you can - £3 minimum) - Here
- Watch animals live at Edinburgh Zoo – Here
- Experience virtual museum tours Here
We hope this list will give you hours of fun and we'd love to see you're photos of any activities you have tried! Don't forget to tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @ManorWalks and we will share our favourites!